Breaking news

Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith challenges Will Ferrell to drum battle – watch

Posted on

Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith challenges Will Ferrell to drum battle – watch

Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith challenges Will Ferrell to drum battle – watch

Posted on

Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith challenges Will Ferrell to drum battle – watch

The drummer calls out the actor for "impersonating him"

Photo:NextPrevious

Photo Gallery: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith has challenged Will Ferrell to a drum battle. 

Earlier this week, Will Ferrell made light of the uncanny similarity between him and Smith on a Reddit AMA session.

"It has been acknowledged many times that myself and Chad Smith, drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, share a resemblance to each other," he wrote. "A lot of people think that it's me playing for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. But that would be an insult to Chad Smith. The truth of the matter is there is no Will Ferrell. Only Chad Smith."

In a subsequent video posted to Funny or Die's Instagram account, Ferrell thanked the Reddit fans for taking part in the AMA and then said: "It was great to finally clear up the fact that I am Chad Smith." 

Smith then followed it up with a video of his own, in which he challenges the actor to a drum-off – watch it below. "Stop impersonating me!" he says. "In fact…I need you…Drum battle, me and you. I've seen you. I've seen your skills. You don't got 'em. Let's go."

Presumably, Smith won't be playing the drum kit he played during the band's Super Bowl half-time show appearance last weekend (February 2), which he is auctioning. 

He is seeking to raise funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and will sell the instrument, along with drumsticks, to the highest bidder. Earlier this week, meanwhile, it was confirmed that Red Hot Chili Peppers' instruments were not plugged in during their Super Bowl performance.


Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/red-hot-chili-peppers/75353#cUrRbSysHLgzRgjv.99

Hide article
×

Carl Barât receives over 1,000 applications in search for new bandmates

Posted on

Carl Barât receives over 1,000 applications in search for new bandmates

Carl Barât receives over 1,000 applications in search for new bandmates

Posted on

Carl Barât receives over 1,000 applications in search for new bandmates

The former Libertines member is on the hunt for a new band

Carl Barât receives over 1,000 applications in search for new bandmates

Photo: Tom Martin/NME

Carl Barât has received over 1,000 applications to join his band. 

As previously reported on NME.COM, the former Libertines and Dirty Pretty Things man has recorded demos for the follow up to his 2010 self-titled debut solo album with Johnny Marr, Andy Burrows and The Bronx's Joby Ford. However, he says he won't release any of the new material until he recruits a new band. 

After putting on Facebook that he was searching for new bandmates, he has received over 1,000 applications for the position of a new drummer, bass player and rhythm guitarist.

"This isn't some sort of indie X Factor and I'm definitely no Simon Cowell, this is the real thing." Barat told NME earlier this year. "I don't want to be a solo artist anymore, I want to get another band together and I want to do that straight away. I've made a record I'm really proud of, but I've worked too hard to just put it out there. The songs are great, so I don't just want to get a load of session players in the tour it. I want the best band around me to play it, I want the gang mentality."

Meanwhile, Barât is set to speak to students at the Cambridge Union Society tomorrow.


Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/carl-barat/75402#kDevXcTe9XQUOAYX.99

Hide article
×

Missy Elliott discusses musical hiatus

Posted on

Missy Elliott discusses musical hiatus

Missy Elliott discusses musical hiatus

Posted on

Missy Elliott discusses musical hiatusMissy Elliott discusses musical hiatus

Photo: PA

Missy Elliott has discussed her current absence from the music industry in a new interview.

The rapper hasn't released an album since 2005's 'The Cookbook' and her last single releases comprised two tracks in 2012, 'Triple Threat' and '9th Inning', which were both produced by Timbaland.

Speaking on Yahoo's The Yo Show, via the LA Times, Elliott confirmed that she would be making a comeback. "I just ain't telling nobody when," she explained. 

She added that the music she returns with has to be "special". She said: "When I create something, its gotta be special, and it can't just be to throw something out there because I feel like I'm Missy. I gotta feel like what I'm giving the fans is 100 per cent and that it's game-changing. I don't just throw out microwave records."

Elliott's 'Block Party' album has reportedly been in the works since 2008.


Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/missy-elliott/75341#DGlF48Bhu2IaAB0t.99

Hide article
×

Linkin Park tease 'different' new album with studio picture

Posted on

Linkin Park tease 'different' new album with studio picture

Linkin Park tease 'different' new album with studio picture

Posted on

Linkin Park tease 'different' new album with studio picture

US band are working on their latest LP ahead of their Download Festival appearance

Photo: Photo: Instagram/Linkin ParkNextPrevious

Photo Gallery: Linkin Park
Photo: Instagram/Linkin Park

Linkin Park have teased fans with an update from their studio as they work on their new album. 

Frontman Mike Shinoda posted the picture seen above on his blog alongside some words on how the songs are currently sounding. Shinoda was elusive to the sound but promised fans something different to last album 'Living Things', released in 2012. 

"As most Linkin Park fans know, the sound of each album is usually quite different from the last," Shinoda wrote. "The new album is no exception. But, as usual, the album's sound twists and turns as it is created, so any attempt at estimating what it sounds like today would be silly. The moment I tell you it sounds like 'X', the songs will automatically take a drastic turn and evolve into something different within a week. But what I can tell you is I'm inspired. We're inspired."

Meanwhile, Linkin Park have been named as one of the headline acts for Download Festival 2014, with the band set to perform their 2000 album 'Hybrid Theory' in full at the event. 

Festival organiser Andy Copping confirmed that the US metal band will be headline the Saturday night at Download Festival next year. Joining them on the bill will be special guests Fall Out Boy. They join Friday night headliners Avenged Sevenfold and Aerosmith, who will close the Donington festival.


Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/linkin-park/75310#DRc8eA6FLlpfFZQ1.99

Hide article
×
Music Player